Readers need to "get it" the first time.
A critical communication skill - shaping and explaining complex, techinical issues concisely in written correspondence that is easily understood.
CMI writing workshops help writers refine their skills so that correspondence is clearly written, well-organized, grammatically correct, and concise.
Interractive instruction ... Group Discussions ... Exercises ... Plus individual coaching
- defining audience needs and organizing information accordingly
- structuring technical information for maximum impact
- presenting information to facilitate decision-making
- evaluating writing from the reader’s perspective
- choosing the correct format (email, memo, letter, report)
- conveying ideas with clarity
- practicing proofreading techniques
- correcting punctuation and mechanics errors
This workshop is delivered in either one or two day formats.
CMI customizes writing curricula for writers who prepare technical, client-sensitive documents such as opinions, findings, newsletter articles, or requests for proposals.